Fire burns Tipp home


Provided by WDTN A fire that broke out around 9 a.m. Sunday is believed to have taken the families pets, while the homeowners got out safely.


By WDTN

TIPP CITY — Crews responded to Tipp City after a home caught fire Sunday morning.

The fire happened around 9 a.m. in the 5000 block of Worley Road.

The homeowners were home at the time the fire sparked, but made it out of the house. Firefighters said the husband had some minor burns, but refused treatment.

Officials reported the couple’s pets have not yet been found, and they believe they perished in the fire.

Firefighters said the wind added a challenge to battling the flames and smoke. The fire started in the back of the home and the winds kept pushing the flames towards the front, which is why officials believe it spread so quickly.

The homeowners told firefighters they don’t believe the fire started in the fireplace. They said they had a few power surges earlier in the morning due to the weather. Officials are looking into whether that played a role in the cause.

Worley Road was closed while firefighters doused the flames and smoke.

A damage estimate was not available as of press time.

Provided by WDTN A fire that broke out around 9 a.m. Sunday is believed to have taken the families pets, while the homeowners got out safely.
http://tdn-net.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/web1_tipp-city-fire.jpgProvided by WDTN A fire that broke out around 9 a.m. Sunday is believed to have taken the families pets, while the homeowners got out safely.
comments powered by Disqus