Editor’s note: All of Friday night’s Division I and III regional track and field meets in Dayton and Troy were not complete at time of press. Look for full coverage of them in Sunday’s Troy Daily News.
* GOLF: The deadline to sign up for the 2016 Troy Strawberry Festival Junior Golf Tournament is by 6 p.m. June 2, with the tournament on on June 5. The entry fee is $10.00. The 2016 TSF Junior Golf Tournament is being sponsored by Troy Noon Optimist. Lunch will be provided, along with no green fees for the first forty entries. Entry forms may be downloaded at gostrawberries.com or will be provided at Miami Shores Golf Shop.
* BASKETBALL: The Troy High School basketball program will host the Troy Trojan Basketball Camp this summer. For grades 5-8, the camp will run from June 13-17, with grades 5-6 participating from 9-11:30 a.m. and grades 7-8 from noon-2:30 p.m. The Troy Hustlers Baseball Camp for grades 1-4 will run from June 20-24, with grades 1-2 participating from 9-11 a.m. and grades 3-4 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Camp forms are available on the Troy High School website, and the deadline to register is May 27.
* BASEBALL: Duke Park will play host to the Troy Baseball Clinic, which will have two sessions this summer. The clinic will be for players ages 8-13, with ages 8-10 beginning at 9 a.m. each day and ages 11-13 at 10 a.m. Session one will run from June 6-9 and June 13-16, and session two will run June 20, June 27-30 and July 5-7. The registration free is $30. Register online at apm.activecommunities.com/troyrecdept.
* GOLF: Newton High School will host its third annual Newton Golf Outing at 8 a.m. June 11 at Turtle Creek Golf Course in Greenville. If you’re interested in playing in or sponsoring the event, contact Newton Athletic Director Gavin Spitler at 676-2002, ext. 1011.
* TENNIS: Late registrations are being accepted for the Miami Valley Community Tennis Association’s 10-and-under youth tennis programs this summer. The program has dates all through June and July, with sites in Troy, Tipp City, West Milton, Vandalia and Piqua. However, online registrations will no longer be accepted — players must go to Schroeder Tennis Center to register. The first classes will begin in Troy on June 12.
* TENNIS: The Traveling Tennis Roadshow will offer camps to members of the high school tennis teams at Milton-Union, Tippecanoe and Vandalia this summer. The camps will run from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday, with a rain date of Friday, and there will be two sessions. Session one will holds camps at Tippecanoe High School the week of June 6, at Milton-Union High School the week of June 13 and at Helke Park the week of June 20. Session two will hold camps the week of June 27 at Milton-Union, the week of July 11 at Tippecanoe and at Helke Park the week of July 18. The cost is $70 for one week, $130 for two weeks or $180 for three weeks in the same session. Registration and fees are due one week prior to the first day of the session the player plans to attend. For more information, contact Steve Brumbaugh at 216-6066 or Diana Finfrock at 216-5037.
* TENNIS: Milton-Union High School will host the Bulldog Tennis Camp this summer for players in grades 6-12. There will be three sessions, and players may enroll in one, two or three sessions. The cost for one session is $40, $75 for two sessions or $105 for three. All three sessions will run from 9:30-11 a.m., with session one being from June 13-16, session two from June 27-30 and session three from July 11-14. Registration forms are available in either the high school or middle school offices. For more information, call 698-3378.
* SUBMIT-A-TIP: To submit a tip, email Josh Brown at [email protected] or call him at (937) 552-2132, or email David Fong at [email protected] In addition, follow the Troy Daily News sports department on Twitter @TroyDailySports, or follow David Fong on Twitter @thefong.
Track and Field
Division II Regional
At Welcome Stadium
Tippecanoe girls, Milton-Union (11 a.m.)
Milton-Union boys (11:30 a.m.)
Troy Post 43 at Whitehouse Legion (DH) (1 p.m.)