TROY — On Nov. 4, the city of Troy street crews will begin the annual leaf pick-up.
As with the first collection, the leaf pick-up will be by zones. The description of the zones and dates for each are as follows:
• Zone 1: The area bound on the east by the corporation line and Ridge Avenue, on the north and west by the corporation line and on the south by West Main Street, south on I-75 and the corporation line. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 4-6.
• Zone 2: Area bound by Ridge Avenue and Peters Road on the East, to include Pleasant View and Premwood; to the south corporation line and west corporation line to include Willowcreek. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 7-8.
• Zone 3: Area between Ridge Avenue on the west, Peters Road on the south, South Market Street, Canal Street, Monroe Street and Miami River on the east and the corporation line on the north. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 11-12.
• Zone 4: Area between South Market and CSX Railroad, south of Canal Street to include Southview. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 13-15.
• Zone 5: Remainder of east end of town, from CSX Railroad east. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 18-20.
• Zone 6: Sherwood area and Culbertson Heights area. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 21-22.
• Zone 7: Remaining sections of northeast Troy — Meadow Lawn, Heritage Hills, Gaslight Village and Northbrook. Pick-up scheduled for Nov. 25-27.
• Downtown area: Leaves in this area will be picked up intermittently as time permits.
Where possible, residents are asked to rake leaves one foot out of the gutter onto the street to allow drainage in the gutter. Vehicles should be removed from the streets during collection dates. Residents are reminded that foreign objects, limbs, etc. should be kept out of the leaves since they will damage collection equipment and slow the collection process.
This schedule is to be considered tentative, subject to weather and equipment delays. If there are questions on the leaf collection schedule, call the City of Troy Central Maintenance & Service Facility at 335-1914 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.