Fire destroys second floor


Tipp residents, cats safe

By Melody Vallieu

[email protected]

TIPP CITY — A fire that broke out Friday evening in a Tipp City home destroyed the second floor, according to Tipp City Fire Department Chief Steve Kessler.

Kessler said while it is officially unknown at this time what was the cause of the fire, one of the occupants says he was changing the battery in his E-cigarette when it exploded, setting his bedroom on fire.

The house at 3401 Peters Road, Tipp City, is owned by Judy Hart. The home sustained $75,000 in damage as a result of the fire and the interior of the second floor was destroyed, according to Kessler.

Kessler said two people were home at the time of the blaze and no one was hurt. He said four cats also were saved from the home.

Besides Tipp City Fire Department, Ludlow Falls and West Milton provided mutual aid for the fire, he said.

Tipp residents, cats safe

Reach Melody Vallieu at [email protected], (937) 552-2131 or on Twitter at @TroyDailyNews

Reach Melody Vallieu at [email protected], (937) 552-2131 or on Twitter at @TroyDailyNews

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU


9:49 am |    
Tax time
2:39 pm |    
Sign of the times
comments powered by Disqus