TROY — The Troy Area Chamber of Commerce has partnered with Central Holidays to travel to take an educational cultural exchange trip to Spain on Nov. 1-9, 2017.
More than 48 million vacationers visit Spain each year, making it one of the three most visited countries in the world. To travel to Spain is to discover the country’s rich heritage of monuments and sights, the imprint of the different civilizations that once made it their home, or to journey through its singular countryside. Participants also will share in their local fiestas and traditions.
The itinerary is focused on cultural exchange and education and will have a professional tour director and a professional Spanish guide for all tours, including:
• Soak up the sun on the sandy beaches of the Mediterranean
• Marvel at the architecture of the Cathedral of Seville, third largest in the world
• Enjoy the Giralda, built originally in the 12th century
• Visit Ronda, one of the loveliest and most historic towns in Andalucía
• Learn about Bullfighting history while exploring Plaza de Toros, the oldest bullring in Spain
• Scenic ferry trip to Tangier in Morocco
• The views of the Mediterranean, Spain and Morocco from the Rock of Gibraltar
• Visit famous citadel and Alhambra Palace in Granada, a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Experience majestic Madrid with its magnificent monuments such as, Neptune and Cibeles fountains, the Alcale Gate, the Plaza de España and the Royal Palace, the lavish site of royal events.
Travel on this tour is limited and trips like this fill up quickly.
For more information, the chamber will be hosting an informative meeting from 6-7 p.m. Nov. 9 at the chamber office. Call 339-8769 to register for this meeting and if you have any questions concerning the trip.