Fire department personnel work at the scene of a small fire at 1521 Andeover Ave., Piqua, on Friday evening.

By Melody Vallieu

[email protected]

PIQUA — An attic fire brought the Piqua and Covington fire departments to Candlewood on Friday evening.

According to Piqua Fire Chief Brent Pohlschneider, the fire was reported at 7:01 p.m. at 1521 Andover Ave. and was quickly extinguished.

Smoke damage was mostly contained to the attic space in the house, which is being remodeled and is unhiabitated at this time, he said.

A fire inspector was on the scene Friday evening about 8 p.m. looking into whether an electrical malfunction might be the cause of the fire, Pohlschneider said.

Covington Fire Department responded with a tanker and four personnel to help with the incident, he said.
comments powered by Disqus