TROY — At their September meeting the Distribution Committee of The Troy Foundation reviewed 15 grant applications. The grants were awarded through the General Fund of The Troy Foundation. In the end, The Troy Foundation is pleased to announce that all 15 organizations were chosen to receive $166,797 in grants.
• CASA/GAL of Miami County Inc., $670, purchase of new refrigerator
• Troy Christian Schools, $1,734, Staying Charged Up Project
• Leadership Troy, $2,000, Leadership Troy directories
• Miami County Health Department, $2,000, educational programs
• Troy Lions Charities, $2,500, Sight Conservation Project
• United Way of Troy, Ohio, $2,500, United Way campaign
• St. Patrick Soup Kitchen, $6,810, Black and White Affair
• Maple Tree Cancer Alliance, $7,500, Exercise and nutrition plan for cancer survivors
•City of Troy, Ohio, $12,000, July 4, 2017, fireworks
• Honor Flight Dayton Inc., $20,000, Miami County Honor Flight
• Lincoln Community Center, $25,583, Lincoln Center Afterschool Enrichment Program
• Brukner Nature Center, $26,000, outreach vehicle
• Troy Main Street Inc., $45,000, Sculptures on the Square 2017
The Distribution Committee meets on a quarterly basis and on an average reviews 25 to 30 applications each quarter. Unrestricted dollars awarded each year is approximately $840,000. For more information about the foundation and its funds that make these grants possible please visit www.thetroyfoundation.org. The deadline for submitting a grant application for the next quarterly meeting is Tuesday, November 15th by 4pm for review at the December meeting.