TROY — Troy’s annual summer music series, “Fridays on Prouty” will open June 17 with the Eric Jerardi Band. Fridays on Prouty concerts are always at 7:30 p.m. and are free and open to the public. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket. Enjoy dinner on the square.
• The series begins with Eric Jeradi Band on Friday, June 17. Eric is a true blues rocker who has worked with some of the industry’s best.
• This Side Up will be in Troy on Friday, June 24. This Side Up is a dance party oriented band that plays hits from rock, pop, R&B and country.
• Everything Fitz performs on Friday, July 8. This family band will feature high energy fiddling and percussive step dancing.
• Seventh Street will be here Friday, July 15. Everyone’s favorite local band with an energetic blend of bluesy-rock and your favorites from Johnny Cash to Led Zeppelin.
• Brass Tracks eight-piece band will be on Prouty Friday, July 22. Enjoy the best of Blood Sweat and Tears, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire and more featuring Hal Melia on sax.
• Mad River Railroad plays on Friday, July 29. Enjoy toe tappin’ newgrass and country as well as high-octane bluegrass and traditional folk tunes.
• Hotel California will be on Prouty Friday. Aug. 5. Troy’s all time favorite Eagles tribute band returning for the fourth time!
The 2016 Downtown Troy Summer Music Series sponsors include Alvetro Orthodontics, Steve and Marty Baker, Emerson Climate, Patty Rose Allstate Insurance, Troy CARSTAR, Troy Community Radio, The Troy Foundation, Unity National Bank. This series is a collaboration between The Troy Foundation, the City of Troy, Troy Main Street and the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center.