Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
Firefighters battle blaze
- Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy - 3:09 pm
- Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy - 11:50 am
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
- Celebrating diversity - 5:48 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- A tribute to his dad - 2:46 pm
- Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones - 12:28 pm
- Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn - 12:25 pm
- View Story - 12:20 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:15 pm
- Troy resident wins Mr. Peanut party - 12:04 pm
- Events to remember Sept. 11 victims - 11:43 am
- TCT to present ‘Almost, Maine’ - 11:32 am
- Area briefs - 11:27 am
- Area briefs - 11:00 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Newton grad receives Lions scholarship - 10:46 am
- Man dies in single-car crash - 9:36 pm
- Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle - 9:10 pm
- Mayors’ Concert enjoyed by community - 8:52 pm
- View Story - 3:52 pm
- Area briefs - 2:58 pm
- Rotary hosts THS athletic director - 2:49 pm
- MCSO to offer citizen’s police academy - 12:06 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:01 pm
Hayner to close for renovations
TROY — The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center will undergo some needed maintenance and renovation during the month of September.The house will be close...
Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary
TROY — With advanced equipment and specialized wound care, the Wound Care Center and Hyperbaric Services at UVMC opened one year ago to take a l...
Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school
TROY — The line to get into the building stretched down the block, but the smiles on the faces of the students told the real story of the succes...
ME teacher attends energy workshop
GRANVILLE — Teachers of multiple grade levels, all across Ohio, will walk into classrooms this fall ready to share with their students exciting ...
Troy Rotarians welcome Behm
TROY — Troy Rotarians are pleased to welcome Chris Behm as a new member of the club. Behm teaches business classes for grades ninth through 12th...
Covington cattleman successful at state fair
MARYSVILLE — The Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) hosted the Best of the Buckeye show at the Ohio State Fair on July 27 through Aug. 7 d...
Tuesday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — Thanks to the Greater Western Ohio Conference’s new alignment, the Troy volleyball team w...
By David [email protected] — Some of Jeff Elliott’s fondest memories of his older brother Mark were made while the two were g...
Trojans shut out Chieftains
By Josh [email protected] — Troy’s boys soccer team didn’t get to finish its season opener Saturday.The Trojans will ...
Monday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — For the Troy girls soccer team, games against Wayne in recent years have been as close as they get.We...
By David [email protected], Ga. — Growing up, Tim Valentine admits he didn’t truly appreciate his father’s athletic ...
Last year’s Madden 16 was the first new game in the franchise in years, as well as the first iteration of the game on the current generation of ...
Fall into autumn
By David Fong, Belinda Paschal and Alexandra NewmanFor in75Sure, with the oppressive heat of August still hanging in the air, it may be hard to imagin...
Thompson Square makes it look so good
DAYTON — Country couple Thompson Square will bring their award-winning music to the stage next week — and help raise money for a good caus...
Today• MAYORS’ CONCERT: The theme for the 2016 Troy Mayors’ Concert is Sonic Spectacular! and will feature the Dayton Philharmonic C...
Fall’s fab finds: 5 decor trends for autumn
This fall, decor continues to move in a more easygoing direction, with welcoming hues, softer profiles, and a comfortable mix of materials and styles....
The hy-pot-crisy of marijuana laws
For a few brief months, it looked like America might take a step closer to sanity. And then came the news: the Obama administration will not loosen fe...
• The Marietta Times, Aug. 19… High school [football] in Ohio and West Virginia begins this weekend, but any athlete in any sport has the ...
High school football a part of who I am
I haven’t always been like this.I mean, some parts of me — the foul mouth, the questionable hygiene and the low moral standards — ha...
Miller to turn 80BRADFORD — The children and grandchildren of Shirley (Canan) Miller would like to honor her with a “surprise” open ...
Grant served 20 families
To the Editor:On behalf of the St. Patrick St. Vincent DePaul Society, we wish to thank the Troy Foundation for their $2,000 grant to us.We used the g...
Hope across Ohio
For the last three years I have worked on legislation to transform the federal government’s response to the heroin and opioid addiction epidemic...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...
Winteregg to participate in leadership program
COLUMBUS — J.D. Winteregg of Troy is one of 24 farmers and agribusiness professionals selected for the 2016-2017 AgriPOWER Leadership Institute ...
Premier scores high in annual rankings
DAYTON — Miami Valley Hospital ranked eighth among Ohio’s hospitals in the latest annual rankings released today by U.S. News & World ...