Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
Firefighters battle blaze
- Miami County Real Estate - 1:32 pm
- Some black business owners strain to sell to black consumers - 12:16 pm
- Miami East FFA recognized by National FFA - 10:44 am
- Rotary hosts district governor - 10:20 am
- Flag display to honor Sept. 11 victims - 10:04 am
- CBC to begin testing for Zika - 9:52 am
- Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk - 9:49 am
- Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy - 3:09 pm
- Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy - 11:50 am
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
- Celebrating diversity - 5:48 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- A tribute to his dad - 2:46 pm
- Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones - 12:28 pm
- Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn - 12:25 pm
- View Story - 12:20 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:15 pm
- Troy resident wins Mr. Peanut party - 12:04 pm
- Events to remember Sept. 11 victims - 11:43 am
- TCT to present ‘Almost, Maine’ - 11:32 am
- Area briefs - 11:27 am
- Area briefs - 11:00 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Newton grad receives Lions scholarship - 10:46 am
- Man dies in single-car crash - 9:36 pm
Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish
Have you ever whipped up a spicy dish — chili, for example — and realized when it’s too late that you somehow overdid it and added w...
Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system
MIAMI COUNTY — Miami County Commissioners approved the purchase of a logging and recording system for the 911 Communication Center during their ...
Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues
TROY — Troy City Schools Superintendent Eric Herman said the 2016-2017 school year got off to a smooth start district-wide this week.The McKaig ...
Library to begin construction projects
Staff ReportsTROY — The Board of Trustees of Troy-Miami County Public Library accepted a bid from C&N Contractors of Springfield to re-const...
Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike
TROY — An off-duty Troy Police Department officer was cited after striking a pedestrian in a crosswalk after completing his shift on Tuesday mor...
First responders to speak at breakfastTROY — A veterans breakfast will be offered from 9-11 a.m. Sept. 7 at the Miami Valley Veterans Museum, 10...
East-Milton opener postponed
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — In the end, nothing was decided between Miami East and Milton-Union Friday night.Other than op...
Thursday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — The Troy boys soccer team has already shown the ability to put away an opponent.Thursday, they sho...
VIDEO: Trojans get a piece of the ‘rock’
By David [email protected] — On the eve of the Troy High School football team’s first game of the 2016 season, a new Trojan f...
Saylor a three-sport superstar
By David [email protected] — It was never Holly (Rhoades) Saylor’s intention to smash through barriers, break new groun...
Early Thursday/Late Wednesday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — Troy’s tennis team kept pace with four other division rivals Thursday.The Greater Western Ohio ...
Tuesday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — Thanks to the Greater Western Ohio Conference’s new alignment, the Troy volleyball team w...
PIQUA — India Blair Yount, 85 of Piqua, passed away Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton.Graveside Service and Intermen...
Last year’s Madden 16 was the first new game in the franchise in years, as well as the first iteration of the game on the current generation of ...
‘Rocky Horror’ not warped by time
It was great when it all began … I was a regular Frankie fan.For those over or under a certain age who don’t grasp that reference, I don...
Fall into autumn
By David Fong, Belinda Paschal and Alexandra NewmanFor in75Sure, with the oppressive heat of August still hanging in the air, it may be hard to imagin...
Thompson Square makes it look so good
DAYTON — Country couple Thompson Square will bring their award-winning music to the stage next week — and help raise money for a good caus...
The hy-pot-crisy of marijuana laws
For a few brief months, it looked like America might take a step closer to sanity. And then came the news: the Obama administration will not loosen fe...
• The Marietta Times, Aug. 19… High school [football] in Ohio and West Virginia begins this weekend, but any athlete in any sport has the ...
High school football a part of who I am
I haven’t always been like this.I mean, some parts of me — the foul mouth, the questionable hygiene and the low moral standards — ha...
Miller to turn 80BRADFORD — The children and grandchildren of Shirley (Canan) Miller would like to honor her with a “surprise” open ...
Grant served 20 families
To the Editor:On behalf of the St. Patrick St. Vincent DePaul Society, we wish to thank the Troy Foundation for their $2,000 grant to us.We used the g...
Hope across Ohio
For the last three years I have worked on legislation to transform the federal government’s response to the heroin and opioid addiction epidemic...
Bensman joins insurance companyPIQUA — Koverman Staley Dickerson Insurance is pleased to announce that Brian Bensman has joined their team. Bria...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...
Winteregg to participate in leadership program
COLUMBUS — J.D. Winteregg of Troy is one of 24 farmers and agribusiness professionals selected for the 2016-2017 AgriPOWER Leadership Institute ...
Premier scores high in annual rankings
DAYTON — Miami Valley Hospital ranked eighth among Ohio’s hospitals in the latest annual rankings released today by U.S. News & World ...