Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
Firefighters battle blaze
Blaze destroys structure
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
- Celebrating diversity - 5:48 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- A tribute to his dad - 2:46 pm
- Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones - 12:28 pm
- Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn - 12:25 pm
- View Story - 12:20 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:15 pm
- Troy resident wins Mr. Peanut party - 12:04 pm
- Events to remember Sept. 11 victims - 11:43 am
- TCT to present ‘Almost, Maine’ - 11:32 am
- Area briefs - 11:27 am
- Area briefs - 11:00 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Newton grad receives Lions scholarship - 10:46 am
- Man dies in single-car crash - 9:36 pm
- Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle - 9:10 pm
- Mayors’ Concert enjoyed by community - 8:52 pm
- View Story - 3:52 pm
- Area briefs - 2:58 pm
- Rotary hosts THS athletic director - 2:49 pm
- MCSO to offer citizen’s police academy - 12:06 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:01 pm
- Johnson takes classroom to state level - 10:15 am
- Festival strengthens culture within community - 8:01 pm
- Hale-Sarver announces addition - 4:45 pm
- Bodega has ribbon cutting - 4:21 pm
- Grilled skirt steak gets kick from salsa, black beans - 4:15 pm updated: 4:15 pm.
- Education visioning team focuses on the future of education - 3:51 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 11:44 am
- Real Estate Transactions - 11:39 am
- Fair results - 7:52 pm
- Fair results - 4:54 pm
Road to close
TROY — South Market Street (State Route 55) between East West and Raper streets will be closed from 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 29 through 5 p.m. Friday...
Commissioners award bid
MIAMI COUNTY — On Tuesday, the Miami County Commissioners voted to accept quotes and award contracts for several improvement projects.At their m...
Miami County Fair 2016 Rabbit ResultsSingle Market Rabbits Class 11st Christian Cathcart Troy2nd Kaden Thompson Covington3rd Makayla Vanderhorst Covin...
Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession
MIAMI COUNTY — Tevin Tevis, 25, of Troy, entered a plea of no contest on an indicted charge of possession of cocaine just moments before a jury ...
Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports
Information provided by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office:Aug. 19THEFT: A deputy was dispatched to the 6300 block of Studebaker Road, Tipp City,...
Trojans shut out Chieftains
By Josh [email protected] — Troy’s boys soccer team didn’t get to finish its season opener Saturday.The Trojans will ...
By David [email protected], Ga. — Growing up, Tim Valentine admits he didn’t truly appreciate his father’s athletic ...
Saturday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] CARLISLE — Miami East scored early in the first half.Goalkeeper Katie Bodenmiller made it stand up the r...
Eagles sweep doubleheader
By Josh [email protected] — Both Troy Christian soccer teams began the new season slow in their respective first halves Saturday....
Hall of Famer Niles a pioneer
By David [email protected] — Julia (Reel) Niles was a pioneer … she just didn’t realize it at the time.In the winter of...
Thompson Square makes it look so good
DAYTON — Country couple Thompson Square will bring their award-winning music to the stage next week — and help raise money for a good caus...
Today• MAYORS’ CONCERT: The theme for the 2016 Troy Mayors’ Concert is Sonic Spectacular! and will feature the Dayton Philharmonic C...
Fall’s fab finds: 5 decor trends for autumn
This fall, decor continues to move in a more easygoing direction, with welcoming hues, softer profiles, and a comfortable mix of materials and styles....
Tiny mosaic tiles are big trend
Blending art, architecture and design, mosaic tile is one of the oldest forms of wall and floor covering. Using the tiny squares known as tesserae, An...
Protect your garden from deer
By Melinda MyersFor the Troy Daily NewsDon’t let your vegetable and fall flower gardens succumb to hungry deer. Even if you’re lucky enoug...
Proceed with caution
Many sellers are tempted to list For Sale By Owner (FSBO) because they feel home prices are up and they don’t want to lose one penny to paying a...
Hope across Ohio
For the last three years I have worked on legislation to transform the federal government’s response to the heroin and opioid addiction epidemic...
The Columbus Dispatch, Aug. 14In a conventional brick-and-mortar school, you can walk inside and see how many students are sitting at their desks and ...
Support veterans with act
To the Editor:I urge you to support S. 271, “Retired Pay Restoration Act of 2015”, introduced by Sen. Harry Reid. Military members who ser...
A closer look at medical marijuana issue
Last year, voters in Ohio defeated Issue 3 at the ballot box by nearly a 2-to-1 margin. The measure turned down an effort to legalize medical and recr...
Lessons abound at this year’s county fair
The 169th annual Miami County Fair wrapped up on Thursday and all I can say is that I feel like I got hit by a big, muddy, Mack truck.I have blisters....
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...
Winteregg to participate in leadership program
COLUMBUS — J.D. Winteregg of Troy is one of 24 farmers and agribusiness professionals selected for the 2016-2017 AgriPOWER Leadership Institute ...
Premier scores high in annual rankings
DAYTON — Miami Valley Hospital ranked eighth among Ohio’s hospitals in the latest annual rankings released today by U.S. News & World ...