Trans Am rally
Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
- Scleroderma walk set for Sept. 10 - 11:44 am
- Miami County Commissioners recieve annexation petition of 55 acres - 11:19 am updated: 11:20 am.
- Tipp man gets prison for assaulting officer - 10:21 am
- Tipp man to serve 15 months for assaulting police officer - 9:30 pm
- Contract nurse steals pills from UVMC patients - 9:02 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Piqua auto dealer to serve 56 months in prison - 8:31 pm updated: 10:34 am.
- Gettysburg woman who faked cancer sentenced to prison - 6:12 pm
- Ohio pharmacies dispensing Narcan reaches 1,000 - 1:16 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:50 pm
- Davis receives Lion fellowship award - 12:41 pm
- Restaurant inspections - 4:21 pm
- At the top of her class - 2:25 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:24 pm
- Red Cross seeks to aid Louisiana - 11:45 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Business briefs - 4:26 pm
- Minster Bank’s achievements acknowledged - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Sherwood Shopping Center addresses property issues - 2:51 pm
- Miami County Real Estate - 1:32 pm
- Some black business owners strain to sell to black consumers - 12:16 pm
- Miami East FFA recognized by National FFA - 10:44 am
- Rotary hosts district governor - 10:20 am
- Flag display to honor Sept. 11 victims - 10:04 am
- CBC to begin testing for Zika - 9:52 am
- Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk - 9:49 am
- Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy - 3:09 pm
- Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy - 11:50 am
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm updated: 2:35 pm.
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
Restaurant inspections provided by Miami County Public HealthAug. 15Cassanos No. 11, 1201 Experiment Farm Road, Troy — Ready-to-eat, TCS food ha...
At the top of her class
By David [email protected] — On a steamy August afternoon several weeks ago, Susan Dankworth and her teenage daughter, Taylor, were...
Pet of the Week
Meet DuncanDuncan was picked up stray and was never reclaimed by his owner and is available for adoption at the Miami County Animal Shelter. Duncan is...
Red Cross seeks to aid Louisiana
For the Troy Daily NewsMIAMI VALLEY — The American Red Cross remains on the ground, with volunteers across nearly half of Louisiana, helping tho...
Potts promoted at Unity PIQUA — Unity National Bank has announced the promotion of Chrissy Potts to branch manager.Potts was previously an indir...
VIDEO: Troy defeats Trotwood 10-6 to open season
By David [email protected] — The Troy football team proved last year’s stunning upset victory over state-ranked Trotwood-Madi...
Troy proves last year no fluke
By David [email protected] — When it comes to the Troy football team, there’s no more using the “f-word.”ThatR...
Troy vs. Trotwood-Madison delayed
By David [email protected] — A series of lightning delays spoiled opening night — and Trojan Athletic Hall of Fame night R...
East-Milton opener postponed
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — In the end, nothing was decided between Miami East and Milton-Union Friday night.Other than op...
Thursday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — The Troy boys soccer team has already shown the ability to put away an opponent.Thursday, they sho...
VIDEO: Trojans get a piece of the ‘rock’
By David [email protected] — On the eve of the Troy High School football team’s first game of the 2016 season, a new Trojan f...
Carrot, quinoa mini-muffins great snacks
The reason cupcakes took the baking world by storm a few years ago is because, in short, they are awesome. A sweet little package of moist, crumby goo...
Morans celebrating 50 years
BETHEL TOWNSHIP — Richard and JoAnn (Klaris) Moran of Bethel Township will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary Sept. 3, 2016.They met ...
Pizza pockets from a new dad
By Kevin WilliamsAmish Cook EditorEditor’s Note: Gloria’s column will return in its regular format next week.Last week I was able to spend...
Today• CONCERT ON LAWN: The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center will celebrate its 40th anniversary at 7:30 p.m. with a concert on the lawn at 301 W. Ma...
NEW YORK (AP) — Hollywood’s blockbuster machine frequently stalled and sputtered this summer, leaving behind a steady trail of misbegotten...
It Happened Years Ago
25 Years Ago: August 28 – September 3, 1991Soviet Union – Two years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the world is now witnessing the dis...
Where has the money for schools gone?
As fall approaches, millions of moms and dads are scrambling to prepare for the first day of school, excited to support their children’s success...
Feed Ohio collecting food donations
TROY — September marks the fourth year for the Feed Ohio food drive, bringing in donations to help feed families within the community in conjunc...
Amanda Ullery | For Civitas MediaBethany Weldy, 13, of Covington, from Ears to Tails 4-H Club won Intermediate Poultry Showmnship.Mike Ullery | Civita...
Aquatic park swimming with memories
It is pretty easy to take for granted some of the wonderful amenities that exist in the communities in which we live. Perhaps what is even worse is to...
The hy-pot-crisy of marijuana laws
For a few brief months, it looked like America might take a step closer to sanity. And then came the news: the Obama administration will not loosen fe...
Agent recognized for volunteerism
TROY — Allstate agency owner Patty Rose recently earned two $1,000 grants to support Blue Star Mothers of America and Veterans Museum of the Mia...
Troy qualifies for Auditor of State Award with Distinction
COLUMBUS — A recent financial audit of the city of Troy (Miami County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clean audit r...
Bensman joins insurance companyPIQUA — Koverman Staley Dickerson Insurance is pleased to announce that Brian Bensman has joined their team. Bria...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...