Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
Firefighters battle blaze
Blaze destroys structure
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
- Celebrating diversity - 5:48 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- A tribute to his dad - 2:46 pm
- Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones - 12:28 pm
- Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn - 12:25 pm
- View Story - 12:20 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:15 pm
- Troy resident wins Mr. Peanut party - 12:04 pm
- Events to remember Sept. 11 victims - 11:43 am
- TCT to present ‘Almost, Maine’ - 11:32 am
- Area briefs - 11:27 am
- Area briefs - 11:00 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Newton grad receives Lions scholarship - 10:46 am
- Man dies in single-car crash - 9:36 pm
- Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle - 9:10 pm
- Mayors’ Concert enjoyed by community - 8:52 pm
- View Story - 3:52 pm
- Area briefs - 2:58 pm
- Rotary hosts THS athletic director - 2:49 pm
- MCSO to offer citizen’s police academy - 12:06 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:01 pm
- Johnson takes classroom to state level - 10:15 am
- Festival strengthens culture within community - 8:01 pm
- Hale-Sarver announces addition - 4:45 pm
- Bodega has ribbon cutting - 4:21 pm
- Grilled skirt steak gets kick from salsa, black beans - 4:15 pm updated: 4:15 pm.
- Education visioning team focuses on the future of education - 3:51 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 11:44 am
- Real Estate Transactions - 11:39 am
- Fair results - 7:52 pm
- Fair results - 4:54 pm
- It Happened Years Ago - 2:03 pm
- Deputy administers Narcan to OD victim - 1:47 pm
- Covington BOE upgrades alarm system - 1:25 pm
- Events abound in county this weekend - 1:14 pm updated: 1:57 pm.
- Anniversary quilt to be raffled - 1:01 pm updated: 1:06 pm.
- LEGO coaching clinic set - 12:33 pm
- Ohio Turnpike may see self-driving testing - 12:23 pm
- Captured moments - 12:20 pm
- Korean War Era photos sought - 11:49 am
Second Story Secrets returns to Troy
TROY — Second Story Secrets, a walking tour that reveals “what’s upstairs in downtown,” is back for its third year.The event w...
Be the Match event upcoming
TROY — A new event is planned for Treasure Island in Troy.On Sept. 17, Be the Match — The Buckeye will be held along the banks of the Miam...
ART for ALL! event set
TIPP CITY — Tipp City Area Arts Council will host its Second annual 6x6 ART for ALL! benefit reception and sale on Saturday, September 10th from...
A tribute to his dad
Kevin Fultz, 17, of Sidney, throws out the first pitch of the Dayton Dragons baseball game on Aug. 16. The first pitch was part of Life Connection of ...
Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones
For the Troy Daily NewsTROY — Those who experience a sharp pain in their upper abdomen shortly after eating may have a gallbladder that has beco...
Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn
Staff ReportsTROY — On Saturday, Aug. 27, the Hayner will host a concert on the lawn featuring two gifted young musicians that call their duo, C...
Hall of Famer Niles a pioneer
By David [email protected] — Julia (Reel) Niles was a pioneer … she just didn’t realize it at the time.In the winter of...
VIDEO: Troy defeats Dunbar in scrimmage
By David [email protected] — The Troy football team defeated Dunbar 37-12 in its final 2016 preseason scrimmage Friday at Troy Memo...
Ready to go for real
By David [email protected] — It certainly wasn’t the start the Troy football team was looking for in its final preseason scri...
Thursday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — It was nice to be home.After a series of 18-hole invitationals on the road, the Troy boys golf team p...
Flashback Friday: Troy
By David [email protected] — From an incredible debut, to an upset that sent shock waves around the state, to a series of thrilling...
Proceed with caution
Many sellers are tempted to list For Sale By Owner (FSBO) because they feel home prices are up and they don’t want to lose one penny to paying a...
Miami County Marraiges
Bradley Richard Schlangen, 29, of 3184 Cone Flower Drive, Tipp City to Amanda Jean Ayers, 34, of same address.Nathan Christopher Brown, 27, of 1583 Le...
Today• SWEET CORN: The Fulton Farms Sweet Corn Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the market, 2393 State Route 202, Troy. The event...
Full-scale emergency exercise set
TIPP CITY — The Miami County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) and Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) in conjunction with the city of Tip...
Getting an early start at the fair
MIAMI COUNTY — A couple of county residents are starting off their participation in the Miami County Fair at an early age, including Haley Mathe...
A closer look at medical marijuana issue
Last year, voters in Ohio defeated Issue 3 at the ballot box by nearly a 2-to-1 margin. The measure turned down an effort to legalize medical and recr...
Lawmakers ignore gun safety issues
To the Editor:Gun violence in Senate District 5 (portions of Darke, Montgomery, and all of Miami and Preble Counties) for 2016 is shocking.So far this...
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:The (Toledo) Blade, Aug. 14Donald Trump’s carelessness wit...
Military memories from the 1950’s
One day in 1955, Jim Roth of Sidney, was talking to friend Norm Davidson, when Norm said, “Let’s go join up.” They were referring to...
Why laughter is good for you
Did you ever have one of those days when nothing seems to go right? I’m not talking about huge problems here, just a string of trivial irritatio...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...
Winteregg to participate in leadership program
COLUMBUS — J.D. Winteregg of Troy is one of 24 farmers and agribusiness professionals selected for the 2016-2017 AgriPOWER Leadership Institute ...
Premier scores high in annual rankings
DAYTON — Miami Valley Hospital ranked eighth among Ohio’s hospitals in the latest annual rankings released today by U.S. News & World ...