Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
Firefighters battle blaze
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
- Celebrating diversity - 5:48 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- A tribute to his dad - 2:46 pm
- Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones - 12:28 pm
- Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn - 12:25 pm
- View Story - 12:20 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:15 pm
- Troy resident wins Mr. Peanut party - 12:04 pm
- Events to remember Sept. 11 victims - 11:43 am
- TCT to present ‘Almost, Maine’ - 11:32 am
- Area briefs - 11:27 am
- Area briefs - 11:00 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Newton grad receives Lions scholarship - 10:46 am
- Man dies in single-car crash - 9:36 pm
- Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle - 9:10 pm
- Mayors’ Concert enjoyed by community - 8:52 pm
- View Story - 3:52 pm
- Area briefs - 2:58 pm
- Rotary hosts THS athletic director - 2:49 pm
- MCSO to offer citizen’s police academy - 12:06 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:01 pm
- Johnson takes classroom to state level - 10:15 am
- Festival strengthens culture within community - 8:01 pm
Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school
TROY — The line to get into the building stretched down the block, but the smiles on the faces of the students told the real story of the succes...
ME teacher attends energy workshop
GRANVILLE — Teachers of multiple grade levels, all across Ohio, will walk into classrooms this fall ready to share with their students exciting ...
Troy Rotarians welcome Behm
TROY — Troy Rotarians are pleased to welcome Chris Behm as a new member of the club. Behm teaches business classes for grades ninth through 12th...
Covington cattleman successful at state fair
MARYSVILLE — The Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) hosted the Best of the Buckeye show at the Ohio State Fair on July 27 through Aug. 7 d...
Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports
Information provided by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office:Aug. 23SCHOOL INCIDENT: A deputy was dispatched to Village of Bradford in reference to...
Troy Police Department reports
Information provided by the Troy Police Department:Aug. 18HEROIN OVERDOSE: An officer responded to the address on the report of a possible overdose. T...
By David [email protected] — Some of Jeff Elliott’s fondest memories of his older brother Mark were made while the two were g...
Monday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — For the Troy girls soccer team, games against Wayne in recent years have been as close as they get.We...
By David [email protected], Ga. — Growing up, Tim Valentine admits he didn’t truly appreciate his father’s athletic ...
Saturday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] CARLISLE — Miami East scored early in the first half.Goalkeeper Katie Bodenmiller made it stand up the r...
Eagles sweep doubleheader
By Josh [email protected] — Both Troy Christian soccer teams began the new season slow in their respective first halves Saturday....
Thompson Square makes it look so good
DAYTON — Country couple Thompson Square will bring their award-winning music to the stage next week — and help raise money for a good caus...
Today• MAYORS’ CONCERT: The theme for the 2016 Troy Mayors’ Concert is Sonic Spectacular! and will feature the Dayton Philharmonic C...
Fall’s fab finds: 5 decor trends for autumn
This fall, decor continues to move in a more easygoing direction, with welcoming hues, softer profiles, and a comfortable mix of materials and styles....
Tiny mosaic tiles are big trend
Blending art, architecture and design, mosaic tile is one of the oldest forms of wall and floor covering. Using the tiny squares known as tesserae, An...
Protect your garden from deer
By Melinda MyersFor the Troy Daily NewsDon’t let your vegetable and fall flower gardens succumb to hungry deer. Even if you’re lucky enoug...
Hope across Ohio
For the last three years I have worked on legislation to transform the federal government’s response to the heroin and opioid addiction epidemic...
The Columbus Dispatch, Aug. 14In a conventional brick-and-mortar school, you can walk inside and see how many students are sitting at their desks and ...
Support veterans with act
To the Editor:I urge you to support S. 271, “Retired Pay Restoration Act of 2015”, introduced by Sen. Harry Reid. Military members who ser...
A closer look at medical marijuana issue
Last year, voters in Ohio defeated Issue 3 at the ballot box by nearly a 2-to-1 margin. The measure turned down an effort to legalize medical and recr...
Lessons abound at this year’s county fair
The 169th annual Miami County Fair wrapped up on Thursday and all I can say is that I feel like I got hit by a big, muddy, Mack truck.I have blisters....
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...
Winteregg to participate in leadership program
COLUMBUS — J.D. Winteregg of Troy is one of 24 farmers and agribusiness professionals selected for the 2016-2017 AgriPOWER Leadership Institute ...
Premier scores high in annual rankings
DAYTON — Miami Valley Hospital ranked eighth among Ohio’s hospitals in the latest annual rankings released today by U.S. News & World ...