Advocates fight for their voices
A celebration of mums
YMCA dedicates new shelter
Viking royalty hopefuls selected
Casting all cares
- Students attend technical, mechanical contest - 10:08 pm
- THS king and queen named - 9:55 pm
- UVMC to Brake for Breakfast - 4:03 pm
- Advocates fight for their voices - 2:46 pm
- Should you pay off your mortgage early? - 1:55 pm
- Currys to co-chair Holiday Evening - 11:14 am
- Man shoots suspect in home invasion - 10:46 am updated: 11:24 am.
- Vectren extends call center hours - 3:57 pm
- Religion briefs - 3:56 pm updated: 1:47 pm.
- Safety Squad on patrol - 3:08 pm
- College briefs - 2:26 pm
- Troy royalty named - 2:19 pm updated: 2:43 pm.
- Vectren extends call center hours - 1:57 pm
- Running with a purpose - 1:20 pm
- Miami County Marriages - 12:47 pm
- YMCA dedicates new shelter - 12:27 pm updated: 2:44 pm.
- College briefs - 12:04 pm
- Viking royalty hopefuls selected - 10:20 am
- Troy High School announces National Merit Finalists - 4:08 pm
- ACES program expands to county - 4:07 pm updated: 4:20 pm.
- Schools address report card scores - 3:08 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 2:50 pm
- Troy mom leaves child in store, gets high - 1:41 pm updated: 2:13 pm.
- Trooper’s prayer, support gives man hope - 11:37 am
- Schools, city consider stadium - 4:23 pm
- Area briefs - 4:03 pm
- Students attend technical, mechanical contest - 3:30 pm updated: 3:30 pm.
- Hill to celebrate 75th birthday - 2:14 pm
- M-U Royalty - 1:51 pm
- Edison continues support for displaced students - 1:50 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s reports - 1:40 pm
- Berning, Bodey named to OSU homecoming court - 1:34 pm
- Area briefs - 12:40 pm
- Women of Excellence honorees named - 11:59 am
- Victim Witness seeks volunteers - 11:56 am
- The final countdown continues - 11:46 am
- Larson named influential executive - 11:42 am
- Laura man sentenced to 8 years in prison - 7:37 pm updated: 11:22 am.
- Troy man to serve 18 months for fleeing deputies - 7:16 pm
- Bravo welcomes new CO - 11:07 pm
- A virtual dream come true - 12:58 pm
- A virtual dream come true - 12:58 pm
- St. John’s welcomes pastor - 11:31 am
- Area briefs - 10:44 am
- M-U FFA members attend conference - 9:34 am
- Leaf collection to get underway - 9:21 am
- On the Money - 6:14 pm
- Troy Foundation awards $166,797 in grants - 3:31 pm
- Mum is the word in Tipp - 3:30 pm
- Troy PD sergeant retires after 22 years - 3:27 pm updated: 4:10 pm.
Safety Squad on patrol
TROY — The Troy Fire Department has revamped an old ambulance to give it a new life as its “Safety Squad” mobile education unit.The ...
Ashland names honors societyASHLAND, Ohio — The following students are members of the Honors Society at Ashland University.Dominique Drake of We...
Troy royalty named
Lee Woolery | Speedshot PhotographyThe Troy High School Homecoming court has been selected. Court members include, from left, Emily Brinkman, Holland ...
Vectren extends call center hours
DAYTON — In preparation for the upcoming heating season, Vectren Energy Delivery (Vectren) is extending its call center support hours for the mo...
Running with a purpose
By Jim PainterFor the Troy Daily NewsPLEASANT HILL — Overcoming obstacles faced by those diagnosed with autism can create a new and positive wor...
Miami County Marriages
Joshua Michael Earick, 20, of 525 E. Spring Street, Covington to Lacie Lee Marie Adkins, 20, of same address.Emily Beth Wilber, 37, of 3365 Eldean Roa...
Thursday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — After Thursday’s Greater Western Ohio Conference boys golf tournament, Troy coach Mark Evils...
Vikings, Bees meet in midseason CCC showdown
By Josh [email protected] COUNTY — Miami East has feasted on the teams it should beat, but now the Vikings are entering a tough ...
Troy puts away Butler, 4-1
By Josh [email protected] — In the moment, Arianna Garcia couldn’t even process what had happened.Even after the game had e...
The wait is finally over
By David [email protected] — Matt Burgbacher doesn’t know why the Troy and Tippecanoe football teams — two programs loc...
Tippecanoe offense a unique challenge for Trojans
By David [email protected] — There’s an old adage in the coaching fraternity when it comes to the wing-t offense: If you̵...
Tuesday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — Bethel’s Tyler Weinert and Newton’s Chet Jamison tied for individual medalist at th...
Today• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece ...
Today• MEET THE CHEF: Meet Piqua Manor Chef Ben Davis during a demo from noon to 1 p.m. featuring rosemary and garlic pork loin with roasted red...
Hill to celebrate 75th birthday
PLEASANT HILL — Hannah Hill of Pleasant Hill will turn 75 on Sept. 29, 2016.The family is asking friends and family for a card shower to celebra...
The majesty of Mauna Kea
Hawaii conjures images of blue skies and aqua water, not necessarily visions of a barren landscape, volcanic rock, and breath-gripping altitudes. Maun...
The final countdown continues
MIAMI COUNTY — The state of Ohio has entered the last two weeks left to get registered to vote for the Nov. 8 Presidential Election. The registr...
Today• CRAFTY LISTENERS: The Crafty Listeners gather from 1-2:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. This group of women listens to a light...
Are we listening to children of color?
I’m excited and can’t wait for my next trip to D.C. Of course, I want to visit the National Mall and stand before those monuments that hav...
I love this country with a ‘moocher’s’ passion
To the Editor:I served as a combat medic from 2002 to 2006 in the US Army. I have numerous other family members who also served, brothers, uncles, par...
Honor guard thanked for their service
To the Editor,I would like to publicly thank the volunteer members of the Troy Veterans Honor Guard for their service to area veterans and their famil...
Thanks for supporting Walk
To the Editor:On behalf of the Miami County Walk to End Alzheimer’s held on Sept. 10, we would like to express our gratitude to a number of peop...
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:• The (Youngstown) Vindicator, Sept. 25By any objective me...
Head scratching over made from scratch
A man who should know about these things once shared three guidelines for choosing a restaurant. His tripartite policy is to never eat at a place that...
Local court reporter earns certification
RESTON, Va. — The National Court Reporters Association (NCRA), the country’s leading organization representing stenographic court reporter...
The importance of saving for retirement at a young age
If you’re an adult in your 20s, you are entering an exciting stage of life. It’s no surprise that retirement may seem a long way off. What...
Winans holds franchise meeting
PIQUA — Winans Chocolates + Coffees, headquartered in Piqua, held a franchisee meeting on Friday, Aug. 26 at the new Winans facility in Piqua.Am...
Abbey Credit Union makes donation
Provided photoDan Stine, senior inspector for the Troy Fire Department, accepts a $1,000 donation to the Troy Fire Department, from Blanca Ortiz, vice...
Health Partners providing social worker to assist patients
TROY — Leaders of Health Partners Free Clinic here are now offering free assistance to patients in dealing with the catacombs of the local socia...