Trans Am rally
Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
- At the top of her class - 2:25 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:24 pm
- Red Cross seeks to aid Louisiana - 11:45 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Business briefs - 4:26 pm
- Minster Bank’s achievements acknowledged - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Sherwood Shopping Center addresses property issues - 2:51 pm
- Miami County Real Estate - 1:32 pm
- Some black business owners strain to sell to black consumers - 12:16 pm
- Miami East FFA recognized by National FFA - 10:44 am
- Rotary hosts district governor - 10:20 am
- Flag display to honor Sept. 11 victims - 10:04 am
- CBC to begin testing for Zika - 9:52 am
- Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk - 9:49 am
- Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy - 3:09 pm
- Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy - 11:50 am
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm updated: 2:35 pm.
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
- Troy man sentenced for cocaine possession - 1:22 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:48 pm
- Hook teacher tapped for Presidential Award - 10:28 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Thwarted bank robber sentenced in court - 10:14 pm
- Celebrating diversity - 5:48 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification course - 5:01 pm
- Second Story Secrets returns to Troy - 4:51 pm
- Be the Match event upcoming - 4:37 pm
- ART for ALL! event set - 3:35 pm
- A tribute to his dad - 2:46 pm
- Gallbladder disease can exist without gallstones - 12:28 pm
- Hayner offers Concert on the Lawn - 12:25 pm
- View Story - 12:20 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:15 pm
- Troy resident wins Mr. Peanut party - 12:04 pm
Flag display to honor Sept. 11 victims
TROY — The Troy Noon Optimist Club is excited to announce the next generation of its Avenue of Flags program, now in its sixth year. The new pre...
CBC to begin testing for Zika
DAYTON — Community Blood Center is taking necessary steps to comply with new recommendations issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to ...
Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk
TROY — Members of the Troy Rotary Club will once again join with residents from across the Miami Valley to participate in the upcoming 2016 Dayt...
Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy
TROY — Hamilton County issued a public health warning last July following 35 overdoses and six deaths, in a three-day period, but the spike in h...
Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy
By Jim PainterFor the Troy Daily NewsTROY — The importance of children reading and comprehending in today’s world is the driving force beh...
VIDEO: Troy defeats Trotwood 10-6 to open season
By David [email protected] — The Troy football team proved last year’s stunning upset victory over state-ranked Trotwood-Madi...
Troy proves last year no fluke
By David [email protected] — When it comes to the Troy football team, there’s no more using the “f-word.”ThatR...
Troy vs. Trotwood-Madison delayed
By David [email protected] — A series of lightning delays spoiled opening night — and Trojan Athletic Hall of Fame night R...
East-Milton opener postponed
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — In the end, nothing was decided between Miami East and Milton-Union Friday night.Other than op...
Thursday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] — The Troy boys soccer team has already shown the ability to put away an opponent.Thursday, they sho...
VIDEO: Trojans get a piece of the ‘rock’
By David [email protected] — On the eve of the Troy High School football team’s first game of the 2016 season, a new Trojan f...
Carrot, quinoa mini-muffins great snacks
The reason cupcakes took the baking world by storm a few years ago is because, in short, they are awesome. A sweet little package of moist, crumby goo...
Morans celebrating 50 years
BETHEL TOWNSHIP — Richard and JoAnn (Klaris) Moran of Bethel Township will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary Sept. 3, 2016.They met ...
Pizza pockets from a new dad
By Kevin WilliamsAmish Cook EditorEditor’s Note: Gloria’s column will return in its regular format next week.Last week I was able to spend...
Today• CONCERT ON LAWN: The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center will celebrate its 40th anniversary at 7:30 p.m. with a concert on the lawn at 301 W. Ma...
NEW YORK (AP) — Hollywood’s blockbuster machine frequently stalled and sputtered this summer, leaving behind a steady trail of misbegotten...
It Happened Years Ago
25 Years Ago: August 28 – September 3, 1991Soviet Union – Two years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the world is now witnessing the dis...
Feed Ohio collecting food donations
TROY — September marks the fourth year for the Feed Ohio food drive, bringing in donations to help feed families within the community in conjunc...
Oh, the history of the school dress code
Much like parents around the county, I shipped my kid off to school this week.Unlike many other parents around the county, I didn’t post the cla...
Aquatic park swimming with memories
It is pretty easy to take for granted some of the wonderful amenities that exist in the communities in which we live. Perhaps what is even worse is to...
The hy-pot-crisy of marijuana laws
For a few brief months, it looked like America might take a step closer to sanity. And then came the news: the Obama administration will not loosen fe...
• The Marietta Times, Aug. 19… High school [football] in Ohio and West Virginia begins this weekend, but any athlete in any sport has the ...
Agent recognized for volunteerism
TROY — Allstate agency owner Patty Rose recently earned two $1,000 grants to support Blue Star Mothers of America and Veterans Museum of the Mia...
Troy qualifies for Auditor of State Award with Distinction
COLUMBUS — A recent financial audit of the city of Troy (Miami County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clean audit r...
Bensman joins insurance companyPIQUA — Koverman Staley Dickerson Insurance is pleased to announce that Brian Bensman has joined their team. Bria...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...