Trans Am rally
Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
Toddler dies after being struck by vehicle
- Davidson breaks down personal pick for president - 3:17 pm
- Edison to offer grants training workshop - 1:18 pm
- Ten Edison faculty members promoted - 1:09 pm
- Scleroderma walk set for Sept. 10 - 11:44 am
- Miami County Commissioners recieve annexation petition of 55 acres - 11:19 am updated: 11:20 am.
- Tipp man gets prison for assaulting officer - 10:21 am
- Hobart Equipment Plant to relocate - 10:03 am updated: 1:40 pm.
- Tipp man to serve 15 months for assaulting police officer - 9:30 pm
- Contract nurse steals pills from UVMC patients - 9:02 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Piqua auto dealer to serve 56 months in prison - 8:31 pm updated: 10:34 am.
- Gettysburg woman who faked cancer sentenced to prison - 6:12 pm
- Ohio pharmacies dispensing Narcan reaches 1,000 - 1:16 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:50 pm
- Davis receives Lion fellowship award - 12:41 pm
- Restaurant inspections - 4:21 pm
- At the top of her class - 2:25 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:24 pm
- Red Cross seeks to aid Louisiana - 11:45 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Business briefs - 4:26 pm
- Minster Bank’s achievements acknowledged - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Sherwood Shopping Center addresses property issues - 2:51 pm
- Miami County Real Estate - 1:32 pm
- Some black business owners strain to sell to black consumers - 12:16 pm
- Miami East FFA recognized by National FFA - 10:44 am
- Rotary hosts district governor - 10:20 am
- Flag display to honor Sept. 11 victims - 10:04 am
- CBC to begin testing for Zika - 9:52 am
- Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk - 9:49 am
- Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy - 3:09 pm
- Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy - 11:50 am
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm updated: 2:35 pm.
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
- Pfeiffer ranks high in SkillsUSA - 11:50 am
- Road to close - 5:52 pm
- Commissioners award bid - 4:45 pm
- Fair results - 2:38 pm
Piqua auto dealer to serve 56 months in prison
MIAMI COUNTY — The salesman for the Mills Auto Sales, Christopher Mills, 27, of Piqua, was sentenced Monday to serve 56 months in prison for eng...
Gettysburg woman who faked cancer sentenced to prison
MIAMI COUNTY — Alive and well, Melissa Smith, 49, of Gettysburg, was sentenced to serve nine months in prison on two counts of fifth degree thef...
Ohio pharmacies dispensing Narcan reaches 1,000
COLUMBUS — The state of Ohio Board of Pharmacy has announced that 1,000 Ohio pharmacies in 79 counties now offer naloxone without a prescription...
Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10
For the Troy Daily NewsTROY — Troy Main Street will once again fill scenic downtown Troy with, local food, craft beer and lively music as Taste ...
Davis receives Lion fellowship award
TROY — Scott Davis of Troy has been awarded a Melvin Jones Fellowship for his work with the Troy Lions Club and his leadership with the Newton L...
Restaurant inspections provided by Miami County Public HealthAug. 15Cassanos No. 11, 1201 Experiment Farm Road, Troy — Ready-to-eat, TCS food ha...
By Josh [email protected] — After falling in a back-and-forth opening set, the Troy volleyball team had a golden opportunity to s...
Week 1 football roundup
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — For Milton-Union safety William Morris, it wasn’t the three interceptions in one quarter...
VIDEO: Troy defeats Trotwood 10-6 to open season
By David [email protected] — The Troy football team proved last year’s stunning upset victory over state-ranked Trotwood-Madi...
Troy proves last year no fluke
By David [email protected] — When it comes to the Troy football team, there’s no more using the “f-word.”ThatR...
Troy vs. Trotwood-Madison delayed
By David [email protected] — A series of lightning delays spoiled opening night — and Trojan Athletic Hall of Fame night R...
East-Milton opener postponed
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — In the end, nothing was decided between Miami East and Milton-Union Friday night.Other than op...
Carrot, quinoa mini-muffins great snacks
The reason cupcakes took the baking world by storm a few years ago is because, in short, they are awesome. A sweet little package of moist, crumby goo...
Morans celebrating 50 years
BETHEL TOWNSHIP — Richard and JoAnn (Klaris) Moran of Bethel Township will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary Sept. 3, 2016.They met ...
Pizza pockets from a new dad
By Kevin WilliamsAmish Cook EditorEditor’s Note: Gloria’s column will return in its regular format next week.Last week I was able to spend...
Today• CONCERT ON LAWN: The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center will celebrate its 40th anniversary at 7:30 p.m. with a concert on the lawn at 301 W. Ma...
NEW YORK (AP) — Hollywood’s blockbuster machine frequently stalled and sputtered this summer, leaving behind a steady trail of misbegotten...
It Happened Years Ago
25 Years Ago: August 28 – September 3, 1991Soviet Union – Two years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the world is now witnessing the dis...
Driverless cars pose risks we’re not ready to takeThe (Lock Haven, Pa.) Express, Aug. 23We love technology … most of the time.We use it ev...
Family friendly events should not include alcohol
To the Editor:Our city council and our mayor are at it again. Serving alcohol at another family event in Troy.Tell me one thing that is family friendl...
Feed Ohio collecting food donations
TROY — September marks the fourth year for the Feed Ohio food drive, bringing in donations to help feed families within the community in conjunc...
Oh, the history of the school dress code
Much like parents around the county, I shipped my kid off to school this week.Unlike many other parents around the county, I didn’t post the cla...
Amanda Ullery | For Civitas MediaBethany Weldy, 13, of Covington, from Ears to Tails 4-H Club won Intermediate Poultry Showmnship.Mike Ullery | Civita...
Agent recognized for volunteerism
TROY — Allstate agency owner Patty Rose recently earned two $1,000 grants to support Blue Star Mothers of America and Veterans Museum of the Mia...
Troy qualifies for Auditor of State Award with Distinction
COLUMBUS — A recent financial audit of the city of Troy (Miami County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clean audit r...
Bensman joins insurance companyPIQUA — Koverman Staley Dickerson Insurance is pleased to announce that Brian Bensman has joined their team. Bria...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...