Skating through milder temps
Trans Am rally
Lunch-time slow down
Pickleball for all
A tribute to his dad
- Committee OKs Lytle Road property annexation - 7:54 pm
- WM man arraigned on drug charges - 4:15 pm
- Molly Mile turns tragedy into charity - 1:18 pm
- Troy Police Reports - 11:08 pm
- Davidson breaks down personal pick for president - 3:17 pm
- Edison to offer grants training workshop - 1:18 pm
- Ten Edison faculty members promoted - 1:09 pm
- Scleroderma walk set for Sept. 10 - 11:44 am
- Miami County Commissioners recieve annexation petition of 55 acres - 11:19 am updated: 11:20 am.
- Tipp man gets prison for assaulting officer - 10:21 am
- Hobart Equipment Plant to relocate - 10:03 am updated: 1:40 pm.
- Tipp man gets prison for assaulting officer - 9:30 pm updated: 9:06 pm.
- Contract nurse steals pills from UVMC patients - 9:02 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Piqua auto dealer to serve 56 months in prison - 8:31 pm updated: 10:34 am.
- Gettysburg woman who faked cancer sentenced to prison - 6:12 pm
- Ohio pharmacies dispensing Narcan reaches 1,000 - 1:16 pm
- Taste of Troy set for Sept. 10 - 12:50 pm
- Davis receives Lion fellowship award - 12:41 pm
- Restaurant inspections - 4:21 pm
- At the top of her class - 2:25 pm
- Pet of the Week - 12:24 pm
- Red Cross seeks to aid Louisiana - 11:45 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Business briefs - 4:26 pm
- Minster Bank’s achievements acknowledged - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Sherwood Shopping Center addresses property issues - 2:51 pm
- Miami County Real Estate - 1:32 pm
- Some black business owners strain to sell to black consumers - 12:16 pm
- Miami East FFA recognized by National FFA - 10:44 am
- Rotary hosts district governor - 10:20 am
- Flag display to honor Sept. 11 victims - 10:04 am
- CBC to begin testing for Zika - 9:52 am
- Rotarians to participate in Peace Heroes Walk - 9:49 am
- Elephant tranquilizer heroin has yet to reach Troy - 3:09 pm
- Reading for Change helps youngsters with literacy - 11:50 am
- Use orange juice to tame heat in spicy shrimp dish - 3:26 pm
- Miami County Commissioners approve purchase of recording system - 3:08 pm
- Heywood navigates around McKaig Road issues - 3:03 pm
- Library to begin construction projects - 2:38 pm updated: 2:35 pm.
- Off-duty officer involved in pedestrian strike - 2:32 pm
- Area briefs - 2:27 pm
- BOE discusses possible diploma changes - 11:42 am
- Hayner to close for renovations - 11:17 am
- Wound Care Center celebrates first anniversary - 2:32 pm
- Rotary, LCC help kids get back to school - 2:30 pm
- ME teacher attends energy workshop - 2:09 pm
- Troy Rotarians welcome Behm - 2:05 pm
- Covington cattleman successful at state fair - 2:01 pm
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:32 pm
- Troy Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Tipp City man arrested at gunpoint in Vandalia - 12:57 pm
Tipp man gets prison for assaulting officer
MIAMI COUNTY — A Tipp City man who assaulted a police officer was sentenced to serve 15 months in prison on Monday.Miami County Common Pleas Cou...
Hobart Equipment Plant to relocate
By Melody [email protected] — The Hobart Welding Products equipment plant in Troy will be relocating manufacturing and wareho...
Contract nurse steals pills from UVMC patients
MIAMI COUNTY — On Monday, a nurse contracted through a third party employer was sentenced to serve three years on community control for stealing...
Piqua auto dealer to serve 56 months in prison
MIAMI COUNTY — The salesman for the Mills Auto Sales, Christopher Mills, 27, of Piqua, was sentenced Monday to serve 56 months in prison for eng...
Gettysburg woman who faked cancer sentenced to prison
MIAMI COUNTY — Alive and well, Melissa Smith, 49, of Gettysburg, was sentenced to serve nine months in prison on two counts of fifth degree thef...
Getting down and dirty
By David [email protected] — Matt Burgbacher didn’t have to look up how many plays Sam Jackson and Zach Boyer had participate...
Saturday sports roundup
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — One race. One win.Troy’s Morgan Gigandet began cross country season by coasting to a vic...
By Josh [email protected] — After falling in a back-and-forth opening set, the Troy volleyball team had a golden opportunity to s...
Week 1 football roundup
By Josh [email protected] MILTON — For Milton-Union safety William Morris, it wasn’t the three interceptions in one quarter...
VIDEO: Troy defeats Trotwood 10-6 to open season
By David [email protected] — The Troy football team proved last year’s stunning upset victory over state-ranked Trotwood-Madi...
Don’t raise the red flag
Have you ever chosen merchandise at a store, then put it back on the shelf when you discovered a flaw, or noticed that the box had already been opened...
Carrot, quinoa mini-muffins great snacks
The reason cupcakes took the baking world by storm a few years ago is because, in short, they are awesome. A sweet little package of moist, crumby goo...
Morans celebrating 50 years
BETHEL TOWNSHIP — Richard and JoAnn (Klaris) Moran of Bethel Township will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary Sept. 3, 2016.They met ...
Pizza pockets from a new dad
By Kevin WilliamsAmish Cook EditorEditor’s Note: Gloria’s column will return in its regular format next week.Last week I was able to spend...
Today• CONCERT ON LAWN: The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center will celebrate its 40th anniversary at 7:30 p.m. with a concert on the lawn at 301 W. Ma...
NEW YORK (AP) — Hollywood’s blockbuster machine frequently stalled and sputtered this summer, leaving behind a steady trail of misbegotten...
Korean War ended … or did it?
In 1953, when Roy Baker of Troy was an education major at Union College in Kentucky, he wasn’t as concerned about avoiding the draft as he might...
Driverless cars pose risks we’re not ready to takeThe (Lock Haven, Pa.) Express, Aug. 23We love technology … most of the time.We use it ev...
Family friendly events should not include alcohol
To the Editor:Our city council and our mayor are at it again. Serving alcohol at another family event in Troy.Tell me one thing that is family friendl...
Where has the money for schools gone?
As fall approaches, millions of moms and dads are scrambling to prepare for the first day of school, excited to support their children’s success...
Feed Ohio collecting food donations
TROY — September marks the fourth year for the Feed Ohio food drive, bringing in donations to help feed families within the community in conjunc...
Agent recognized for volunteerism
TROY — Allstate agency owner Patty Rose recently earned two $1,000 grants to support Blue Star Mothers of America and Veterans Museum of the Mia...
Troy qualifies for Auditor of State Award with Distinction
COLUMBUS — A recent financial audit of the city of Troy (Miami County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clean audit r...
Bensman joins insurance companyPIQUA — Koverman Staley Dickerson Insurance is pleased to announce that Brian Bensman has joined their team. Bria...
Macy’s plans to close 100 stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Macy’s said Thursday it plans to close about 100 stores next year and boost its online investments as the nation’s l...
US economy expected to pick up after weak spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — A surprisingly lackluster economy last quarter served as a reminder of how choppy the pace of growth has been since the Great ...
Survey: US factories expanded for 5th straight month
WASHINGTON (AP) — American factories expanded for a fifth straight month in July, another sign that U.S. manufacturers are recovering from damag...